Set in 1947 Georgia, Tyler Perry’s final film The blues of a jazzman is a forbidden tale of love and deception. Joshua Boone and Solea Pfieffer star as Bayou and Leanne, two people who fall in love but struggle to be together because Leanne’s loved ones forbid the relationship.
Bayou and Leanne eventually separated, only to reunite years later now that Bayou is a singing sensation and Leanne has found love with another man. Although their lives go on, they cannot fight their passion for each other. They conspire to run away together, but will their past stop them from moving forward?
Boone and Pfeiffer are joined by Amirah Vann, Austin Scott and Ryan Eggold as the film’s lead actors. Given the title of the film, you can guess that the music plays a central role in the film. It also features an original song by Ruth B. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Paper Airplanes” is nominated for Best Original Song at the 2022 Oscars.
A Jazzman’s Blues Soundtrack: All Songs Featured in the Film
The full list of original songs featured in the film can be found below. orchestral music in The blues of a jazzman was composed by the classically trained composer Aaron Zigmanwho has worked with Perry on several of his other films, such as Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor, Good actionsand Madea Witness Protection.
- “If You See My Rooster” by Amirah Vann, Joshua Boone and Austin Scott
- “Let the Good Times Roll” by Amirah Vann, Joshua Boone and Austin Scott
- “It Means Nothing (If It Doesn’t Have That Swing) by Joshua Boone and Austin Scott
- “On the Mississippi” by Jay Weigl
- “Make Me a Paddle (On Your Floor)” by Amirah Vann and Joshua Boone
- “It’s Alright” by Amirah Vann and Austin Scott
- “Zuma Beach” by Jay Weigl
- “The Banks of the Mississippi” by Jay Weigl
- “Weekend at Hideaway” by Jay Weigl
- “Are You or Aren’t You My Baby” door Austin Scott
- “Paper Airplanes – Bayou Boyd” by Joshua Boone
- “Shout Hello Doody” by Buffalo “Bob” Smith
- “Ornithology” by Capitol Royale Orchestra
- “I Misunderstood It (And It’s No Good)” by Sony/ATV Harmony
- “African Drum” by Capitol Royale Orchestra
- “Stones in My Bed” by Amirah Vann, Joshua Boone and Austin Scott
- “Paper Airplanes” by Ruth B.
Now that the movie is officially released globally, Netflix has created an official playlist which you can access via Spotify Where Apple Music!
The blues of a jazzman is now streaming on Netflix. Have you ever watched the movie?